Essential Legal Update for the Practising Accountant including Company Law
An engaging and lively discussion covering of all the most recent developments in the areas of law most relevant to the practitioner or accountant dealing with the small and medium sized enterprise. As far as possible, the session will address the possible impact of Brexit on employment law. Content will include:
- The Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 – the provisions and how they will affect you, and any other legislative developments
- Important company law cases in the last 12 months, on matters such as shareholders’ agreements, de facto directors and directors’ duties
- Looking at the changes to insolvency – the possible impact of the provisions in the SBEEA
Professional Negligence Update
- Recent cases on professional negligence, in particular the obligation on the professional to perform services with reasonable skill and care
- Liability to third parties
Employment law update, including in particular
- Cases on employment status including reform to IR35, casuals and agency workers
- Working time and minimum wage update
- Dealing with sickness and disability
- TUPE update, including all the new cases
- Useful Discrimination cases, including recent dress code and religious disputes
- Other possible reform, including to rules on tips and gratuities
Other business law highlights
- Data Protection developments
- Latest cases on restrictive covenants, covering both employees and sellers of a business.
The course is suitable for all accountants in practice at any level of seniority, as well as directors and company accountants of small and medium sized companies.
Wednesday 15 November 2017 1.30 PM - 3.30 PM
Sindlesham Court, Wokingham
View venues & events
To book a course please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0116 258 1224.