Practical Tax Issues for Directors and their Companies
This course will examine the tax issues relevant to directors of small companies. There have been some major changes affecting the tax position of these clients, including to dividend tax, the taxation of interest and tax on close company loans. The changes to Employment allowance also impact the decision on salary for directors, and company cars remain a challenging area.
The course will look at all of these aspects in detail and will provide sensible practical advice for you to pass on to your clients.
Course content will include:
- Corporation tax changes affecting small companies in 2017
- Extracting the profits from the company
- basic premise for tax minimisation: how much salary?
- when to pay salary
- employment allowance difficulties
- Dividend taxation – impact on profit extraction decisions
- Taxation of interest paid by the company
- Other tax charges on the director: cars, phone, other benefits
- Capital allowances on cars
- Loans to participators – benefit in kind legislation, writing off loans, dealing with repayments and changes in 2016.
- Auto enrolment for the very small company – a 5 minute check of the issues.
Wednesday 22 November 2017 1.30 PM - 3.30 PM
Moat House, Stafford
View venues & events
To book a course please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0116 258 1224.