Tax Aspects of Succession Planning
Many family business owners have the objective of passing on their business to the next generation. Such a strategy can have capital gains tax, inheritance tax and possibly income tax implications and careful planning is required to avoid potential pitfalls.
The £5,000 dividend allowance has also encouraged companies to give some shares to family members and then pay them £5,000 tax free – does that work?
The course will also cover passing some or all of the business to the management team.
Content is likely to include:
- CGT implications of giving shares to family members – taking advantage of gift of business asset relief
- The chargeable business assets restriction
- IHT implications of giving shares to family members
- What about using a family trust?
- Dividend waivers and dividends on alphabet shares
- Is Form 42 required to report the share transfers and income tax due?
- Purchase of own shares to buy out the founder
- Brief overview of management buy-outs
Who should attend?
All partners and staff advising family and owner-managed businesses.
Tuesday 11 December 2018 1.30 PM - 3.30 PM
Moat House, Stafford
View venues & events
To book a course please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0116 258 1224.